How do i get my chickens to like me

I use mealworms in a bright purple bag that's in a ziplock. Every night when it's bedtime I take it with me to put them in shake the bag and they come running. I have them eating the worms from my hands and they know bag is bed good luck hope this helps

You can feed your chickens what ever you like.
I prefer not to feed cheerios.

One word, S C R A T C H. We have small plastic cup, holds maybe 6 Oz of scratch when filled to the top. We fill it about 2/3 of the way in the evening just before dark. I will shake it and then throw out some scratch. While they are scratching and pecking I set up a chair and sit with them. Chickens are naturally curious so they will investigate you. And every evening they will get closer. In about a week they will calmly hang out with you. After about 2 to 3 weeks of the scratch can shake they will come running and noisily file into the coop at night. Or simply run up to you to see what you have during the day.
You don't have to give the treat every time but if you make it part of the evening lock up routine, you can use it to get them in early, if you want to do something before dark and you let them out.

OK I looked at your other thread.... She looks like a New Hampshire to me.

Your leghorn is looking like a male if it is the same age as your avatar.

Chickens get friendlier once they begin laying too.

I carry a bright yellow feed scoop with a bit of scratch. It is frightening to some when chickens come at full run or by wing from every shrub or corner of the yard.
:lau

Back
Top Bottom