How do I get my ducks to use their pond

Oh yes my 2 year old Muscovy teddy loves frogs and night crawlers. I never know what they’re gonna eat. One of my roosters ran in their house the other day and came out with a mouse, then the other chickens and ducks chased him trying to eat it too
Non stop entertainment ! :lau :wee:celebrate

When I got my ducks a larger pool, they wouldn't go near it. I had to catch them individually and take them to the pool and just hold them still in the water for a moment until they stopped freaking out. Once they figured out it was just a larger body of water than their kiddie pool, they loved it. You might have to physically show a couple of them that "hey look this is water to play in" and then the others will be intrigued and check it out too

Here’s my ducks and goose. And my pond. It’s nothing special just dug by hand with a shovel and used what I had on hand.

View attachment 2287065View attachment 2287068
That looks a little scary you may want to put some dirt, mulch or sand to cover the cinder blocks it may make it more inviting or is there something in the pond that may hurt them i would drag the pond to make sure there's no critters in their to hurt them we had a snapping turtle in ours so ours wouldn't go in till my daughter was walking around in it and the turtle bit her shoe and we removed it now they use it all the time

Back
Top Bottom