how do I know if eggs are fertile and can a turkey lay 2 eggs a day

freshegg

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
greenfield,ma
I have 2 turkeys and 1 has a beard so Im assuming its a tom well about 5 weeks ago I started getting an egg a day now for 3 days Im getting 2 eggs a day. so do I have 2 hens which 1 has a beard or is 2 eggs a day common. I was thinking of buying a incubator or giving a few away for someone to test.I am clueless to incubating.

I want to know the real answer here! I hope someone with turkey sense (hmmm that doesn't sound good) answers up. I know that some breeds the hens do get a small beard, well at least I have heard that... but I am thinking that if you have a bird that lays 2 eggs a day, I would want a whole flock of those!
bow.gif

well I only got the 2 eggs a day 3 days straight but have gotten 1 egg aday for weeks. I have to get pics of the birds today. I did learn how to tell if they are fertile and they are not assuming they would have the bullseye like a chicken egg but maybe tom assuming hes a tom is too young or cold. I havent seen them doing any deeds but maybe in the coop is what I thought. I read 15% of hens have beards.

Quote:
Turkey hens can have beards. If you have turkey hen that consistanly layes 2 eggs a day call Guiness book of world records.

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom