How do I transfer my chickens to their coop?

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Is there a special way to transfer my chickens to their coop? I should I put them in 1 hr today, and increase the hour every single day?

You could absolutely do it that way, but chickens are very adaptable and a slow introduction might not be necessary. Whenever I've put mine in a new coop, I've just tossed them in all at once. As long as they can easily find the food and water, it hasn't ever taken more than a day for them to settle down. Have fun with your flock! :welcome

You could absolutely do it that way, but chickens are very adaptable and a slow introduction might not be necessary. Whenever I've put mine in a new coop, I've just tossed them in all at once. As long as they can easily find the food and water, it hasn't ever taken more than a day for them to settle down. Have fun with your flock! :welcome
Thank you!

When I move mine I just move them. Get it over with. Usually there is no fuss or bother, they look around for a while and then start playing. Occasionally some may be a little upset, but really rarely. Even those are generally over it in 5 to 10 minutes. I move mine during daylight hours.

If you have them where they have never been in the dark they may get upset at first when it is dark. They can peep a lot and worry you. Be strong, within 5 to 10 minutes they are over it.

When I move mine I just move them. Get it over with. Usually there is no fuss or bother, they look around for a while and then start playing. Occasionally some may be a little upset, but really rarely. Even those are generally over it in 5 to 10 minutes. I move mine during daylight hours.

If you have them where they have never been in the dark they may get upset at first when it is dark. They can peep a lot and worry you. Be strong, within 5 to 10 minutes they are over it.
You have to play broody hen and show them everything. New chicks will stay to long on the ground and not be able to see how to move up to the roost. I put treats (raisins) on the roost boards, swing. My girls would run into a Kentucky Fried Chicken for a raisin.
I did that, but it is thundering, should I keep them in there over night?

Back
Top Bottom