How do i use a 1266 GQF cirulated air incubator

Judy Mae

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 14, 2013
Hi,
GQF does not make a manual or instruction booklet for this. Does anyone out there have one or knows how to use one. I do not know what any part in this thing is used for, Please help me.

Thank You,
Judy Mae

Hi,
I found that site, and ordered a hydrometer from them. I talked to a person at GQF and she said they no longer make the manual for the 1266. So, i have been using the information from that site.
for the 1250 on my 1266. The temperature gauge on the side of the 1266 that is shaped like an L is set on 102 (its the gauge that will not let the incubator go higher than 102). The temperature gauge inside is 99.5. Hydrometer WAS 85% wet bulb and that is what it had on the instructions sheet that came with it. All was well, i put 240 egg in it. Everything goes well for 2 days. The 3rd morning, temperature 99.5 humidity wet bulb is 88 %. All the vents are open. So, i removed the water pan and put a smaller one in that lowered it to 87%. I could not get the humidity down so, i removed the water pan. How can i get this humidity down? Too, please tell me what the temperature, and humidity should be, in the 1266. An information will we appreciated. And Thank You so much for your help.

Thank You Again,
Judy Mae

You are reading the humidity incorrectly. You said it was a "wet bulb" A 85 degree wet bulb reading is not 85% humidity. Its 54% RH. You need to convert wet bulb readings into Relative Humidity. I can tell you that 84 degrees wet bulb is 51% Relative humidity, 85 wet bulb is 54% RH You need to get a conversion chart, but you will find that wet bulb readings are really accurate as long as your thermometer is accurate

Hi,
I have a conversion chart. I do not know how to read it. I am reading it now. Wet Bulb Temperature 85% So do, i look at the top of the chart at the dry bulb temp. Is that the temp inside of the incubator ? Then go across and where the two temps meet is that the r humidity. 99 degree dry bulb, and 85% wet bulb would be 56% rh. I printed this chart off the GQF site for the 1266. Too, when, the wet bulb reading is 85%. And the dry bulb is 99 degree. Is it ok that it is 56 rh. Is 56 rh ok for hatching eggs?
I am sorry, that, i sound so stupid. Its that, i really do not know a thing about this dry bulb, wet bulb thing or anything when it comes to the 1266 incubator. However, i want to learn. I tried to clip the chart to this note so you could see it. This site said, i do not have permission to do that. So, Please explain the chart to me and how to read it and what humidity reading, i need to be looking for. Thank You so very much for helping me.

Thanks Again,
Judy Mae

First off, it's not a dumb or stupid question. It's not easy to learn & I still have to refer to the chart after using it for 30+ years. It IS an easy way to measure humidity & it's pretty accurate. & it's the only thing I use.
The chart I have has 100, 102, & 104 degree dry bulb conversion, but because we are mainly interested in the 100 degree one, that is what I will post.
DB=DRY BULB, WB=WET BULB, RH=RELATIVE HUMIDITY.
100DB-82WB = 46% RH
100DB-83WB = 49%RH
100DB-84WB = 51%RH
100DB-85WB = 54%RH
100DB-86WB = 56%RH
100DB-87WB = 59%RH
100DB-88WB = 62%RH
100DB-89WB = 65%RH
If you have the chart, you should be able to figure out the rest, If you can't let me know. It appears you are reading the chart correctly.
I don't know what GQF suggest you use for temperature & humidity, but this is what I have
Chicken eggs -99.5 (I use 100) during the first 18 days. 99 the last three days (I use 100)
Humidity- 85-87WB (I use 85 =54% RH) during the first 18 days. 90-94 the last 3 days (I use 90 =68%RH)
Now There are a lot of opinions on what humidity to run, I'm simply telling what I run. My hatches, with my incubators, with my own eggs, using these figures give me 98 %+ hatch rates.
The best way to see if the humidity you are using is correct for you would be candle the eggs & mark the progress of the air cell

First off, it's not a dumb or stupid question. It's not easy to learn & I still have to refer to the chart after using it for 30+ years. It IS an easy way to measure humidity & it's pretty accurate. & it's the only thing I use.
The chart I have has 100, 102, & 104 degree dry bulb conversion, but because we are mainly interested in the 100 degree one, that is what I will post.
DB=DRY BULB, WB=WET BULB, RH=RELATIVE HUMIDITY.
100DB-82WB = 46% RH
100DB-83WB = 49%RH
100DB-84WB = 51%RH
100DB-85WB = 54%RH
100DB-86WB = 56%RH
100DB-87WB = 59%RH
100DB-88WB = 62%RH
100DB-89WB = 65%RH
If you have the chart, you should be able to figure out the rest, If you can't let me know. It appears you are reading the chart correctly.
I don't know what GQF suggest you use for temperature & humidity, but this is what I have
Chicken eggs -99.5 (I use 100) during the first 18 days. 99 the last three days (I use 100)
Humidity- 85-87WB (I use 85 =54% RH) during the first 18 days. 90-94 the last 3 days (I use 90 =68%RH)
Now There are a lot of opinions on what humidity to run, I'm simply telling what I run. My hatches, with my incubators, with my own eggs, using these figures give me 98 %+ hatch rates.
The best way to see if the humidity you are using is correct for you would be candle the eggs & mark the progress of the air cell
I just bought a older one of these 1202 and it’s a wooden box, question it has no humidity reading on it has a square container with what looks like a potty float on it. By no readable gauge. What should I do fill the bowl and hope for the best or what do a buy to be able to read from outside, it has no windows at all.

Back
Top Bottom