How do these D'Anvers look?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by playswithfowl, Nov 29, 2009.

1. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I am thinking about getting this trio for a breeding project in FFA. How do they look from these pictures? I am going to e-mail and see if they can send more pictures.
    Thanks--PWF
    http://eugene.craigslist.org/grd/1472534723.html
    Also, does anyone know what a Quail d'Anver male bred with a Blue Quail hen would produce?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    look decent, posture is a little off, but that may just be the way he was standing when the pic was taken. Beard, muff and comb look great, we have them in 16 colors now, they will be addictive!

3. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I talked to the lady and it sounds like I will be getting them in a couple of weeks. One of the females is 3 and a half years old as is the male. The other female is 1 and a half years old. I am planning on hatching as many eggs as I can get and then breed the best looking male back to the Older females this breeding season. Does anyone know about breeding a Quail cock to a Blue Quail hen would produce?

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    It should produce half and half, quail and blue quail.

5. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Quote:Great thats what I was hoping [​IMG] Thanks

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    you will get 50% blue quail, 50% quail and a shot at a sport /splash with the blue quail in the mix. Being a pure quail cock, you may get a few more quails... blue quail to blue quail you'll get 50% blue quail, and 25% each quail and sport/splash

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by