how do you build a chicken copp step by step? help!!!!!

Quote:
I bought a book at H.D. or Lowes on how to build a shed/outbuilding. It gives step by step instructions and has been very helpful. For details on finishing it out as a chicken coop, check out the Coop pages here on BYC.

Good luck!

Quote:
I would not do that, considering the smell of the chicken, I don't think you want that in your living room.

I agree but on a different note. If the deck is painted it could lead to contamination issues and a defintly big no if the deck is green treated lumber. That stuff has cyanide in it. I'm suprised they don't warn abouth that mor and to advise wearing a mask when cutting.

jeremy

it won't use the deck as a roof or anything, more like it will be a coop put under the deck so it isn't as visible from the street and to give it more shelter. but the deck is not painted, only used polyurethane on it i believe.

it wouldn't be near any windows or doors, so the smell shouldn't be a problem

does anyone see any other problems that should be addressed.

PS. we have three acres of back yard, but it is very steep and wooded, and it can be dangerous to go down there in the cold weather when it is slippery, so we didn't want it that far from the house, hence our decision to put it under the deck.

Quote:
I would not do that, considering the smell of the chicken, I don't think you want that in your living room.

I agree but on a different note. If the deck is painted it could lead to contamination issues and a defintly big no if the deck is green treated lumber. That stuff has cyanide in it. I'm suprised they don't warn abouth that mor and to advise wearing a mask when cutting.

jeremy

Ah now, if they warned you bout it, they wouldn't sell as much of it. Really though, the old stuff did contain it, but the new standards went into effect last year and it has been outlawed. You will now notice that green treat lumber no longer looks as green as it used to, and that is the reason why.

Quote:

jeremy

Ah now, if they warned you bout it, they wouldn't sell as much of it. Really though, the old stuff did contain it, but the new standards went into effect last year and it has been outlawed. You will now notice that green treat lumber no longer looks as green as it used to, and that is the reason why.

Correctamundo but it is an existing deck so more then liekly the nasty stuff. The actual threat is during cutting and the wood is usually saturated with nastiness. Don't get me wrong the stuff is usefull and I use it myself.

jeremy

Back
Top Bottom