How do you buy Hatching Quail Eggs

arbucklemurphy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Arbuckle, CA
My son what's to do an exhibit project for our local fair as we are trying to get them to add quail into our fair book for exhibition. However we don't have any quail yet just chickens. I see a lot of people on here buying hatching eggs. Where is the best and most reasonable place to buy them from. It is his 4-H project so I don't want to go too extravagant on price. Also we have hatched chicken eggs is it different than quail? I bought the quail rails for my egg turner but not sure about the rest?

Thanks for the help!

Get on here and look for them in the for sale sections. They are the same as chicken egg incubation for the most part. They generally hatch in 16-18 days though rather than 21 like a chicken. Mine seem to always hatch day 17.

I got my Bobwhite Quail eggs free with my incubator. I also have met people in my state's thread that are near me, who have them.

I received mine with my incubator.

Bobwhite Quail eggs usually takes 23-24 days to hatch, depending on proper temperature and humidity. Some will hatch as early as 22 days, and as late as 25 days.

Quote:
Last year I got a whole bunch of quail eggs from Shelleyd2008. They all hatched like crazy. Cutest little things! And they all hatched over a two hour time period, I called one of the neighbor's kids to come and watch.

It was a lot of fun.

They are SO tiny.

I did not like butchering them, though, so I probably won't do more.

Good luck.

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom