How do you celebrate your guineas birthdays?

gguineasfamily

Songster
Jan 23, 2013
Brisbane, QLD Australia
Hey guinea owners I'm wondering if anyone celebrates their Guineas birthdays? I've had birthday parties for all my egg guineas, who just turned two in November-December and Sunrise, who I bought last year, who turned one. Today I'm celebrating my first four guineas third birthday. Because we bought them at nine months (point of lay) I don't know when their real birthday is. But I still want to celebrate with them today.

I also had my Silkies birthdays in August and November.

I will post pictures soon :)

I do not have guineas, but I definitely intend on having a birthday celebration for my ducks and chickens. I am celebrating their birthday on March first. They were not all actually born then, but I am going to pretend.

I do not have guineas, but I definitely intend on having a birthday celebration for my ducks and chickens. I am celebrating their birthday on March first. They were not all actually born then, but I am going to pretend.

Cool. I pretend the birthdays of all the guineas and chickens that I didn't hatch. Just because we don't know when their birthday is doesn't mean we can't celebrate it ;)

My birds just get extra special treatment on their birthdays. My guineas have a particular liking to eggs, cheese, and pbj sandwiches so in the morning they get a cheese and egg sandwich and in the afternoon a pbj. Between then they get to come in the house (they were raised indoors for the first month of their lives so they wonder why we kicked them out and don't let them come in anymore.) I have weird guineas.

My birds just get extra special treatment on their birthdays. My guineas have a particular liking to eggs, cheese, and pbj sandwiches so in the morning they get a cheese and egg sandwich and in the afternoon a pbj. Between then they get to come in the house (they were raised indoors for the first month of their lives so they wonder why we kicked them out and don't let them come in anymore.) I have weird guineas.

My guineas used to live in the house too. We kicked them out years ago so they don't really come in anymore. I've been looking for another treat to give them besides millet, grapes, mealworms and crickets, but I've never given them sandwiches. They rarely eat bread but they used to eat their eggs. I hope they don't do that anymore so I don't give them raw egg. And last time I tried they didn't eat cooked egg. I haven't tried giving them cheese or (peanut butter jelly?) but thanks.

I give my chickens raw egg all of the time. I have only had one pullet make the connection, but I let her be. No one learned from her, and I figure with a couple dozen hens I could not eat that many eggs anyway. It would only irritate me if they were hatching eggs.

I give my chickens raw egg all of the time. I have only had one pullet make the connection, but I let her be. No one learned from her, and I figure with a couple dozen hens I could not eat that many eggs anyway. It would only irritate me if they were hatching eggs.

I wish that were the case for me. I sell my guinea eggs for hatching.

If using eggs, I think I would cook them first. There is also a nugget called ultrakibble that has a high protein. I mix it with some scratch feed, millet, sunflower seed and use it as a treat particulary when it is off season so my free range birds get a boost. You could add your mealworms or waxworms - crickets, to the bunch too. As with anything new, sometimes it takes them a bit to decide to give it a try!

This is Sunset on her birthday

What a beauty. My birds love millet seed and sunflower seeds but they get at least a handful a day so its not much of a 'special' treat anymore. I remember a while back I hadnt given any seed to the guineas for just a bout a year and when I did get some and presented it to them they went crazy. The males were making those loud "cheeeeeer" noises extra loud, it was cute.

Back
Top Bottom