How do you clean poop off your chickens back side

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kbadkins, Apr 18, 2009.

1. kbadkins

kbadkins Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Yorba Linda, Ca
    I have a white bantam cochin and she has all sorts of dried up poop on her behind. I have cleaned her a little before and cut away the feathers but now it is back and there is tons.. what can I do ... she has also become broody.. she never comes out I have to force her. I am raising 3 hens mostly as pets and benefit from the eggs but she has stopped laying and sits in the nest ALL DAY LONG...

if anyone can help me with these questions I would greatly appreciate it !!!

KIM

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i fill a little dixie cup all the way to the top with warm water then very carefully hold the chicki up and stick their bum in it. i let them sit like that for a few minutes and then the poo usually slides right off when i wipe.

3. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Sort of paints a picture, doesn't it? Imagining a little bantie with her bootie in a dixie cup - grin. What we won't do for our chickens....

4. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Give her a warm bath and then blow her dry.

5. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Funny I just did this today:) I put my little mille fleur's tush under some warm water from my sink and it came right off after about 30 seconds. Didn't bother her a bit either.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by