How do you clean?

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
I have to clean today. It is the last day of school, and I now have to face my bedroom at home!
hide.gif
It's not DIRTY, just cluttered, packratted, and has a chicken and 5 chicks in it. The animals have to stay in here. I am cleaning those out. I am trying to find a way to wipe out the messes.I figured start with making up my bed. The main thing I have an issue is Black furniture+dust=annoying. Black furntiure dusts up bad anyway, but with a 4x3 brooder, it's worse!

Yeah, I'm bored, and procrastinating. I can't do much until I get some febreeze and carpet sprinkle (and chick bedding) So yeah..... How do you clean? I was thinking of turning on the radio and just keeping upbeat
bun.gif

Go from the top of the room down. That way you're not dusting up something you just cleaned.

Put on some music and open a window for some fresh air.

When you're done, come on over. Since you're on a cleaning streak, you can do my kitchen.
lau.gif

do you know about flylady.net? very inspiring and gives good tips!

me - ugh! need to clean also and its raining so i dont have an excuse.. other than of course i need to keep up to date on this darn site!

I have 2 cleaning modes:

1) Most common method: GET OUT OF MY WAY I'M ON A MISSION! I don't like cleaning so when I do it, I do it fast! I want to get it done so I can do something fun. My husband dilly-dallys and it drives me nuts so he needs to just get out of my way.

2) Every once in awhile I feel the need to start over. A certain closet/room/area needs to be reorganized, so everything gets pulled out, sorted, cleaned, and put back. I'm usually less frantic with this method, but it happens less often.

In your situation, I might feel inclined to do a major sorting. All the dusting and vacuuming will just be the icing on the cake once things are in their right place again.

Good luck!

If you move out as much stuff as you can, or put it on you bed or whatever just to get it off of the floor helps too, then you can strip your bed last and get that all done too. . .I also think you can time yourself, I have done this on something that I really hate, and tell yourself, "ok, what can or how much can I get done in 15 min?" It's amazing how fast it will go, and how much you will accomplish. Starting at the top is the best way too, and don't forget your curtains and shades, or blinds . . .get them out of there too, because they are horrible dust catchers. Good luck. Maybe some before and after shots?

i hate cleaning...I have good intentions... I plan my cleaning strategy gets started and fizzle out before i finish... thank god my kids are now teenagers and have to help

Ah I am tired. I moved out my bed, computer, tv, stand, and all that. I vaccumed and shampooed and then, not thinking. I decided to clean the brooder and dropped all the shavings on my floor. SOOOO. I am waiting for mom to get home with the new shavings then I will repeat.
barnie.gif

I did sort my stuff/junk. I don't have a lot of stuff, just tons of sheets, blankets, pillows and all that. We have those vacuum storage bags, so I just took em out and and they are in the dryer now. Then I will put em in those thrifty little storage cubes! I hate when people don't wash stuff before putting them in the cubes. My brother has a habit of doing that (if they make it past the laundry room)

Closet needs cleaning, but not in the mood for that. Next month I am repainting my room a nice apple green color. Need to keep it clean until then.

OH My cleaning method. Do I use it? Is it mine? Do I like it? Who gave it to me? If I don't use it. and I usually throw it out, unless someone special gave it to me, or it isn't mine. If I don't like it, it goes in a storage bag in the shed or trash. Just haven't done that to closet yet
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom