How do you convince them to get more birds?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magicpigeon, Jan 5, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    If it's your DH, DW, kids, parents, or anyone, how do you do it? Do you get the "I can't believe this!" dumbfounded stares, or the all out, "NO!!". Or the "we have too many already", "It's illegal', or (my personal, ahem, hatred) "If you get <insert pet>, you have to get rid of <insert name of rooster>..." Me, I get them all [​IMG] So here's the plan: I'm trying to convince the folks to buy a pair of bobwhite quails. For starters, the seller lives an hour away from where we live :O Secondly, he's selling them for like $30! No strike #3 yet, but according to Murphy's law, that might include coop renovations that are due... [​IMG] I need ideas people![​IMG] How can I convince them to buy the quails?
    What's the strategy that works for you? [​IMG]

***ETA please take me with a grain of salt, guys! Most of the non-chicken population usually write me off as a brat when I see an adorable bird and say "omg, i've GOT to have that!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Fortunately, I have a wonderful DH that tolerates anything "new". By looking at my sig, you can tell, I went from chickens to ducks, to a few turkeys, geese, even rabbits. I feed, help clean (yes he does help me), medicate, etc. I think deep down he actually likes them too. So I really can't help with ideas on how to convince but I will say "Good luck" and "Enjoy" whatever you decide.

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Back when I had lots of poultry, I just stopped telling DH. He couldn't tell who was what anyway... [​IMG]

4. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    How? You become an adult, buy your own place, and don't put anyone else on the deed...or loan. [​IMG]

Then, you tell any household member who complains, "Well, it IS my house, so..."

[​IMG]

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] property is so expensive here! LOL I'm being lazy and keeping them with the old folks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by