How do you get your rooster to like one of your Hens?

Yah we rotate him with all the hens so he covers a good number. How do you get the roosters sperm and do artifically inseminate. My rooster has produce chicks actually just this augest

Yah we rotate him with all the hens so he covers a good number. How do you get the roosters sperm and do artifically inseminate. My rooster has produce chicks actually just this augest

I'm not entirely following your set up; when I asked how many hens he is covering, I mean how many hens is he with at a time.

Yeah I also envisioned him in 1 pen with over 20 hens haha.
Leave him in a smaller enclosure with that one hen for at least a week and then check fertility.

Here's a video for AI not hard at all, my friend used a spoon when he usta do it but a dropper or syringe or the item in the video would work as well.

Yeah I also envisioned him in 1 pen with over 20 hens haha.
Leave him in a smaller enclosure with that one hen for at least a week and then check fertility.

Here's a video for AI not hard at all, my friend used a spoon when he usta do it but a dropper or syringe or the item in the video would work as well.
My computer does not play videos or youtube so can you explain the process in words please?

My computer does not play videos or youtube so can you explain the process in words please?
You need to see it...go to another computer?
Why won't your computer play vids?

But I would keep this cock and hen together for a good month before going AI.
Has hen in question ever produced a fertile egg with another cock?
Are you checking yolks when you break eggs to eat, or just incubating, to determine fertility.
This time of year a 5yo hen is probably not laying and getting ready to molt.

Back
Top Bottom