How do you heat the laying boxes?

Our daytime temps have not yet gone below freezing with any consistency.

As such, to date, I only have a few readings. All of which my eggs were 19 - 21F above ambient.

On one occasion ambient was 42F, thermo cube was powered on, my eggs were 63F!

Ron...curious...did you ever take the temp of the surface of heating pad itself?

I'm thinking of using this pad as chick heater.

Last edited:
Ron...curious...did you ever take the temp of the surface of heating pad itself?

I'm thinking of using this pad as chick heater.

Funny how many times I did this.

Pre Checked the pads for quality control prior to, and after installation, before adding the nesting material.

All my pads measured 20 - 22F above ambient temps.

Also, the heat was very well distributed throughout the surface area.

I have no complaints regarding the pads nor their construction, but no experience, nor found searched reviews, on their life expectancy.

Ok, when Ambient was:

69F pad was 91F
72F pad was 94F
48F pad was 70F
43F pad was 63F
38F pad was 59F
54F pad was 76F

These recordings are examples taken from the first pad, before and during installation, from the pad surface prior to adding the bedding material.
No wind or draft ever.

I have 3 pads, dozens and dozens of recorded data, all showing pretty much the same variances.

Hope this helps.

Ok, when Ambient was:

69F pad was 91F
72F pad was 94F
48F pad was 70F
43F pad was 63F
38F pad was 59F
54F pad was 76F

These recordings are examples taken from the first pad, before and during installation, from the pad surface prior to adding the bedding material.
No wind or draft ever.

I have 3 pads, dozens and dozens of recorded data, all showing pretty much the same variances.

Hope this helps.
Yes it does, thanks, I think I will get one for my chick warmer setup.

It's like when I bought the killer 48" snowblower for my tractor,... and it didn't snow for 2 years....
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom