How do you incubate your eggs?

My silkies seem to be doing the best job so far. It's winter and i'm removing my eggs but one hen's just had a lovely 100% hatch of ... 3 eggs!
gig.gif
Still better than my incubatored attempts though

Quote:
Oh yes i have 12 males 9 females and all my eggs were fertile, i craked all 63 open all had babies.

So you had 100% to develop, but not hatch? How long did they go in the incubator before you cracked them open?

After delivery I let them settle for 48 hours then into R com suro, temp 37.7c humidity 53% pointy end down, candled about a million times lol, either up the humidity to 65% and off the turner or if I am stagger hatching they go to hatch-a-bator at the same settings. Perfect hatch rates and with shipped eggs too. I have 11 fertile eggs out 12 and all due in a few days.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh yes i have 12 males 9 females and all my eggs were fertile, i craked all 63 open all had babies.

So you had 100% to develop, but not hatch? How long did they go in the incubator before you cracked them open?

Yes, and i waited 10 day after their hatch day

Quote:

So 38 days? Were they all at the same stage of development?

Quote:

So 38 days? Were they all at the same stage of development?

No, but i didn't take them all out at once. When it became the 38 day i took those eggs out they were all marked 1-12. EX: day 38 fo the first batch i take out all and crack open, next day 38 for the 2nd batch take out eggs with #2 on them and crack them and so on. But 15 did hatch but all but 5 had terribly bowed legs.

I have the same incubator as you. I just sat 2 dz eggs in it tonight & last Monday I did 27 in my brinesea Eco. Will see if I get a better hatch out of 1 or the other. I am nervous on the batch in my cabinet incubator. I had set 5 dz Americana eggs a week ago & just tossed a dz or so with blood rings. There ended up being a cracked egg that I think caused a bacteria problem. I didn't know it was cracked -- since I didn't candle prior to setting. We have well water so think I might need to add a drop of bleach to my water to help with bacteria growth.

Quote:
I have 7 silkies, 6 pullets, 1 roo. They are only 3 months but in September they should start laying. And how many eggs can you put under one silkie?

Back
Top Bottom