How do you know if your chick feed contains the right ingredients?

acechicks

Chirping
8 Years
May 9, 2011
West Michigan
I just got my chicks yesterday! They seem to be eating and drinking and are doing really great. I got my feed from a local feed store, and I'm just curious if the feed i have contain the right ingredient. It is ADM Alliance Nutrition brand. (23% protein)

Thanks for the help!

I just always assumed it did. 23% protien is pretty good. The highest protien I've seen here has only been 18% with the 50# bags. I use medicated starter. I'm switching to unmedicated this weekend. I have 3 chicks that are getting ready to lay and my youngest two are over 2 months. I've always fed extra protien and I give my chicks vitamins and probiotics as well. They are extremely healthy and look really good. My neighbor across the street does not give them vitamins or probiotics and you can notice the difference big time. We got our chicks from the same place. She mentions all the time how mine look so nice.

I've never worried about the feed. I figured if it's made for chicks, there shouldn't be a problem. There is not a choice of brand once we switched to 50# bags.

welcome-byc.gif

Generally as long as it has at least 20% Protein it should be fine! Good luck! What kind of chicks do you have?

Nate

Back
Top Bottom