How do you make plastic piping feeder?

MelindaK

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
I think it is call PCV piping? I've seen some pictures, but can't find them now. I would like to make for food. Can it be used for water? If for water, how keep water from gushing out? (I'm not very smart with constructing things
hmm.png
)

Any assistance or pictures posted would be appreciated!! Thank you!

I too have seen these pictures and wondered if anyone who has made one could post a material list as well as some simple instructions.

Thanks

I have them in each coop....for food only. I will take some pix and post them. Speckledhen's DH,Tom, showed me how. Its pretty simple (and I am not at all good with tools).

Raining right now, but when rain breaks, I'll get you guys a pix.

Mine used 4" PVC, a 90deg elbow and the inexpensive little plastic caps. You'll need a jigsaw to cut the opening with and a good chop saw makes cutting the PVC easier, but not necessary.

Scott

Ok...heres mine. The upright section is 3ft of PVC (buy the inexpensive kind, the kind that is NOT for water pressure). Then it is connected to a 2ft section by a 90deg elbow. I used a jig saw to cut out a section 16" long by approx 6" wide for the opening. The end is capped with a small plastic cap that inserts into the end of the 4" PVC (these caps are CHEAP, dont buy the PVC caps...too $$)

This is NOT glued together so it can get easily disassembled for cleaning

I supported it on 2 bricks and placed a small piece of 2"x4" behind the upright section to give some "angle" to the pipe...this allows the feed to flow more easily. I then attached it with metal strapping bands and a few screws to the walls, but at the elbow and up higher.

So far it has performed wonderfully. Seem to hold enough feed to take care of 10 chickens for approx 3 days as we have used it while we took weekend trips and they never ran out

Hope this helps

Scott

25882_cimg1389.jpg

Back
Top Bottom