How do you Mend a Broken Heart? ***Hello Katie***

Quote:
Agreed!!
hugs.gif
I still well up
hit.gif
when I think of my lovely dog, "Xena" (collie/GS, RIP, Feb., 2008). In the space of two years I lost her and 3 of my favorite horses, all in the 20's. I wanted horses, so I have a new, young herd, one 12 year old mare, and two 4 year old geldings. I needed another dog, and I now have two that are 2 1/2 years old and 3 years old. I guess their needs have helped get me over the deaths of the other "members of the family."
I console myself that I have sent on 3 wonderful horses that my FIL (BIG horseman) can ride in heaven, and another dog to play with my MIL (animal lover, who was allergic to dogs...here.) You haven't done your dog a disservice. You have been a great caretaker. Dogs just don't live as long as the love we have to give them. I hope this helps you!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
May I suggest that if you get the same breed that you try a different color? And not the same name. You can't replace Spook, it would be horribly unfair to place that burden on a new dog. I have a pet crematory and have seen different ways people have to deal with their grief. Some ways work better than others. You will know when you are ready.
When I get up in the morning, I still step over the space next to the bed where my heart hound slept at night, sigh.......
hit.gif

Slinky

Quote:
Oh! What a wonderful service you provide us in our time of grief. We have a lovely place here called Pet Heaven. When my beautiful Bashful kitty passed on to the bridge in May my incredible vets called them to come care for Bashful. I was so anxious about getting her back that the following Monday I called them to see when she would be back at the vet for pick up.

The gentleman who answered that phone said, "Bashful? She is right her in the truck with me." SHE! Not her cremains. Not her ashes. But SHE! He does not know how much it meant to me that he would acknowleged my 17year old rag-a-muffin kitty as being someone who mattered.

Tomorrow we go to pick up Spook. I think the hardest part is going to be facing my other vet. The senior partner was there all of last week. He is an awesome vet! He cried with us as we made our decisions and allowed me to let her go in the way that I wanted. The Jr. partner was on vacation. The Jr. had told us that we could wait for her to come back to do Spooks surgery but we trusted the Sr. just as much as we did her. She crossed Bashful over the Bridge with us.

I'm working on a little book about Spook and saying goodbye. Lots of memories going in there.

The only thing that cured me was another cat. Bella died and I was heartbroken. Then along came Trouble, and I hated him. Bu he attached himself to me so utterly throughly that he is now my best bud.

Quote:
Bring her home right now, my friend. Something tells me this was planned for you. (and I think you understand what I mean).

Oh Honey .. You have me bawling over here at work tonight.. I say go for it honey Ladyblue needs you just as much as you need her... I have to say you talkign about the lil nails tapping on the floor I busted out in tears.... The thing I miss teh most about my little Dreamy is that sound.. She was alwayss so excited when we got home and she would just be tapping up a storm.... You are in my heart as you work thru this transition .. Many Blessing s and May the Peace of the Goddess flow into you....

Quote:
I can't believe you hated Trouble!! He's got to be one of the cutest!

I think my Lucy has been reading your past posts. I found her in the washer the other day buried under a pile of clothes. She's been through a rescue, lost one eye, and now in the washer just about to be turned on. How many lifes does she have left!!

Once when I was sitting here last night and heard the tippy-tippy-tappy of Spook walking across the kitchen floor. I was looking at a picture of Lady Blue and "heard" her name is Lila. Then the tippy-tippy-tappy went back across the floor and there was a flopping sound in the back hallway (where Spook would lie and watch me)

I asked around last night and found a group call Roads of Hope. They are going to arrange transport of her to us. We will pick her up around Montgomery, Alabama the weekend of July 24th.

Name: Lila

Language: English,Iranian (Persian),Sanskrit, Swahili, Spanish

Meaning: Persian: Dark-haired beauty; night. Sanskrit:Divine play. Swahili: Good Galeic:her soul is tender Spanish: Lilac

A Playful dark-haired beauty with a tender soul.

I am so sorry for you loss, my Aussie is 9 this year and I can see her aging, she was my first dog. I have 4 more of different breeds, but she is my best friend.

I am glad your going to get Lila. She will need you. I fostered a deaf dog for about 6 months before he was adoptable. It was a learning experience for both of us, and I said I will do it again. Lila was picked for you or you would have never found her, I'm sure Spook will agree.

Grief is like a forest fire. while it's burning it's the worst thing to endure, but after when the forest starts growing again, it's stronger and even more beautiful in it's own way.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom