How do you name your chickens?

Pics
Mine were mostly named with themes per breed, the americanas are sky, jade and robyn, the Sussex have British names Bridget and Catherine the reds are cinnamon ginger and Maryanne

I name based on alot of things lol!
Some of mine were hatched while I was watching TWD so they got names from the show.
Some are named for family members and byc family members.
One is named due to the shape of the egg she hatched from.
One is named for her sparkling personality and people skills, her name is Hobo btw lol!
And my youngest rooster I named Prince Rogers Nelson because he was a tiny sassy little guy who reflected a ton of purple in his feathers.
So see, im all over the place.:)

Taking a totally dark turn, for some reason, I really want to get two "Blue" colored chickens and name them "Asphyxia" and "Hypoxia..." I read too many first aid books.
Sorry about the dark humor.
On the subject of medical stuff, I also think that "Tibia" would be a lovely name....
Hey man, I love gallows humor. It’s how I get through life.

Oh man! That’s so many! What is a mosaic rooster?
I now right 😂 , Mosaic is a new breed from goldfeather farms
Screenshot_20200522-133643.png

This is him

We have 10 chicks, 4 will be moving out when they are old enough to sils. As of now my kids somehow mostly can tell them all a part lol one is dottie - she has 3 dots on her head, another they call woodchip because shes the one always burrowing down into the pine shavings, they have also named one of the hens "rooster" because it was the first one to figure out the roosting bar 🤣 and then there are the twins....yep they just call them the twins because they cant tell those 2 apart. That leaves us with 2 more we will keep - hubby wants to name them lunch and dinner 🤦🏼‍♀️ I think one should be named covid lol maybe the twins will end up being called lunch and dinner and then I can call one covid which would still leave one of our 6 nameless
I approve of your husband’s name choices, and Covid as well lol. Maybe I’ll just call mine Eenie, Meenie, Minie, and Moe, but that would leave three nameless

That’s so perfect! I’m a Pokémon fan too and I don’t think I would’ve thought about the legendary birds. Would Blaziken be too meta? 🤔
I'm actually not much of a fan... we have a couple of handbooks around, and I used to flip through those when I was younger, in addition to watching some of the show, but I don't pay much attention to the franchise anymore.
... We need a chicken Pokemon, though. "Blaziken" isn't going to cut it -- we have Miltank, the cow Pokemon, but we don't have a chicken one yet, do we?
Or a guinea. Better yet, one for each.
Anyway. I think that "Lapras" would make a good name... "Blaziken" isn't bad, either -- give that one to the broody-prone hen with a bad temper. It seems fitting, for some reason.
... I have the Poke Rap from the first show stuck in my head now...

I'm actually not much of a fan... we have a couple of handbooks around, and I used to flip through those when I was younger, in addition to watching some of the show, but I don't pay much attention to the franchise anymore.
... We need a chicken Pokemon, though. "Blaziken" isn't going to cut it -- we have Miltank, the cow Pokemon, but we don't have a chicken one yet, do we?
Or a guinea. Better yet, one for each.
Anyway. I think that "Lapras" would make a good name... "Blaziken" isn't bad, either -- give that one to the broody-prone hen with a bad temper. It seems fitting, for some reason.
... I have the Poke Rap from the first show stuck in my head now...
Sorry for getting the song stuck in your head! I actually hated Blaziken’s design, but after imagining as a sort of Brahma it’s not as intense. It does make a good broody name too!

Back
Top Bottom