How do you not feel guilty?

chickencrazy777

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2023
How do you get over feeling guilty about rehoming birds? Cant keep the rooster and found him a good home. Might send some girls with him to make it easier, but worried since theyre silkies her (full size) flock will hurt them. Would he adjust being the only silkie in a flock of regular hens? Better to send pairs? She wants the silkie roo to start breeding, will eventually have satins in her flock. Why is this so hard?

not so hard, put a bottle of Kraft BBQ sause on the table. One or the other so get on with it. It been said many times, don't get chickens if you can't take the loss or cull. Now if you are feeling it realy bad, new chicks are at the feed store!
Lol thank you. Losses arent so hard for me, but sending babies away hurts my heart!

I feel bad sending him alone to a huge flock of big birds when there are no silkies or bantams. I wasnt sure if he would be ok with the big birds
I think males integrate far more easily. They aren't really part of the pecking order (unless there are multiple males). Adding young cockerels to older hens helps teach him manners. It really is an ideal situation for him.

Back
Top Bottom