How do you put on a rooster collar?

Harun

Songster
Apr 10, 2021
So my neighbors came to talk to me and stated that my Rooster was crowing at 3:00 A.M. My first instinct was to buy a Rooster collar, but I'm not quite sure how you put it on, how tight it is, and how it works. If anyone can explain how it works and how you equip it to your Rooster, it's really help.
—Harun

So my neighbors came to talk to me and stated that my Rooster was crowing at 3:00 A.M. My first instinct was to buy a Rooster collar, but I'm not quite sure how you put it on, how tight it is, and how it works. If anyone can explain how it works and how you equip it to your Rooster, it's really help.
—Harun
What's your zoning? Maybe you could just tell the neighbors to kick rocks.

Rooster collars work by tightening the rooster's windpipes, basically choking them for their entire lives. So far there has been no humane breakthrough with rooster collars and some can die even if it is properly adjusted. Some people will put roosters in a small dark isolated enclosure every night to stop or muffle crowing. I recommend for you to look into that or rehome your rooster. Please do not use a rooster collar.

Last edited:
That means you over tightened it... you adjust it little by little and watch your rooster to make sure he can eat, breath, and be a chicken. The only thing it should dampen is the sound of his crow. I've used them in the past with decent results.

Back
Top Bottom