How do you resist Feed store chicks

TSC’s chicks come from huge hatcheries all over the country. One year may be Hoovers, another may be Privet, aaaand I can’t remember some of the others. My friend and fellow homestead person works at TSC. She’s known as the Chicken Lady; she’s the one with the most knowledge of chickens. Any sorting is left to her because the others don’t have a clue.

This same individual is allegedly snuck many of the chicks or ducklings that will not make it without care. Given, a few pass away or do have longer lives, but at least they are given a warm home without being trampled on or left to die.

I guess that’s the long way of saying that we don’t avoid feed store chicks! 🤣
I would like better quality birds, but eh, I’m always over ruled. Their cute fluffy butts and their peep peep peeps always win! 😂

Lol, the only reason I stay away is because I can supply my own peepers and I don't have any trouble finding takers for cockrels.
I was staying away last year too, but hubs had a brief bit of insanity and ok'ed 10 mail order kids after I had some pass on followed by a pretty craptacular incubator hatch 3 out of 6 eggs from those departed hens.
In short, im full of shite.:lau
All of you that are recomending avoiding the baby chicks ae just fooling yourself. I have tried, but it does not work. I am already dreaming about chicks in the laundry room, checking on them 100 times a day, singing to them, making sure they love me and only me. No, I do not need any more chicks, I have 20, BUT, it is January, and I know chicks are due at Winco soon.
Ihave already talked my self into a few Mille Fleu, because my one must be lonely, right!! I tried to stay away last spring, but secumbed two different times to chicks, guess I am just a weak person. ended up with 3 Golden sex cross who follow me and talk to me all the time when I come to the barn, just started laying. Makes me laugh and helps with this isolation beccause of Covid. Simple things for simple minds.

This year i just hatch my own.. From the hens i have in the yard. :wee
IMG_20210118_234402300.jpg
IMG_20210103_105216620 (3).jpg
6524.jpg

Last edited:
All of you that are recomending avoiding the baby chicks ae just fooling yourself. I have tried, but it does not work. I am already dreaming about chicks in the laundry room, checking on them 100 times a day, singing to them, making sure they love me and only me. No, I do not need any more chicks, I have 20, BUT, it is January, and I know chicks are due at Winco soon.
Ihave already talked my self into a few Mille Fleu, because my one must be lonely, right!! I tried to stay away last spring, but secumbed two different times to chicks, guess I am just a weak person. ended up with 3 Golden sex cross who follow me and talk to me all the time when I come to the barn, just started laying. Makes me laugh and helps with this isolation beccause of Covid. Simple things for simple minds.
Which WINCO sells chicks??? Mine only carries groceries. Are they in the pet aisle??? 😉

Back
Top Bottom