How do you save seeds from flowers?

It's a pretty flower. I can see why you like it.

Calendula are similar in structure and color. They are very easy to grow and harvest seeds from. They may be a fun one to try out.
It’s very funny you say that because I thought the same thing! I actually do have calendula seeds sprouted right now, I’m hoping they grow well and I can save seeds from them 🤞 first time ever growing seeds from flower, though.

I also think it's a Gerbera - gorgeous colour! Maybe a double Gerbera?
1712541238549.png

1712541037458.png

Your best bet is to buy some seeds, grow the flowers, then harvest the seeds for growing the next season.

I also think it's a Gerbera - gorgeous colour! Maybe a double Gerbera?
View attachment 3794926

View attachment 3794923

Your best bet is to buy some seeds, grow the flowers, then harvest the seeds for growing the next season.
Wow those are gorgeous and super similar looking. Thank you! I will be adding these to my ever growing list of seeds!

Yes. Flowers also tend to lean over when going to seed, so putting a stocking or similar over the flower helps keep as much seed as possible from blowing away.
Hey that is a really smart idea. I’m totally going to do that. I have a lot to learn about growing flowers. Thanks again!

I got a little flower arrangement as a gift and I really like one of the flowers in it. Am I able to save seeds from it? If so how? Idk what the flower is, but this is it. I know nothing about saving seeds from flowers and it doesn’t help that idk what kind of flower this is. View attachment 3794414View attachment 3794415
you could try planting the whole thing it might sprout it might not, can't hurt to try

Back
Top Bottom