how do you tell if chicks are male or female?

You have to go with names that don't matter. We have a blue cochin that my youngest named "Dusty". Pretty sure Dusty is going to be a girl. We have a White Frizzle Cochin, named "Frizzy". Pretty sure Frizzy is going to be a boy. I have a White Cochin, yet to be named and not sure of sex. And a Patridge Cochin yet to be named and pretty sure a girl.

If you have some names for a White Cochin or Patridge Cochin, I would be glad to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the name thing.. our banties are names Lola, Pinoccio, Bob, Coconut, and Bambi... I figure Bambi and Coconut are safe either way.. the others may have to be renamed, though I think a girl named Bob would be ok too...

our siamese cat, Mister Roxy was just Roxy until he was about 6 months old and we realized he was not a SHE!!

Last edited:
It is funny but we have a parrot that my little boy named Bubba. Well we just assumed it was a boy. We had a dna test done and Bubba was a girl. But the thing is we kept her name as Bubba. I think it is cute. Afterall, she's just a bird. I doubt she would mind. Besides, she loves that name now.

Back
Top Bottom