How does one locate a feed mill?

FlyingtheCoop

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Please excuse the newbie question, but when I google feed mill, mostly I get get feed stores, like TSC, etc. Any tips? I am in FL btw.

I just Googled Feed Mills in Florida and a bunch of feed mills came up-maybe try that and then narrow it down to your area.
Good luck!

In our Yellow Pages, they're listed under "Feed Dealer". The mill I go to doesn't have a website and they don't seem to have much use for the Internet in general. I can find them on web-based Yellow Pages, but that's about it. I would suggest a search through the Yellow Pages, be it online or otherwise. You might also look under "Farm Supplies".

Do you know anybody with larger animals, like goats, hogs, or cattle? If you do, ask them where they go. They might buy supplements, concentrates, or who knows what from a mill.

Last edited:
As we move farther into this CURSE called the "global economy" there are fewer local feed mills each year. It's part of the "WalMart Syndrome" where the independent dealers and smaller chains either get bought up or forced out by the cut-throat sharks. Even Southern States Co-ops, a southern tradition for years has closed most of their local mills and makes all their feed at a couple of larger company mills and ships it to their stores to help with costs.

Like Mervin said, contact some of your local farmers and see if they can guide you to a local mill that does custom grinding. I wish you luck!

Larry

http://www.google.com/search?q=feed+mills+FL&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

[feed mills FL]

About 392,000 results (0.21 seconds)

Search Results

Get in touch with Swan's Feed Mill in Zephyrhills, FL.
See information about Swan's Feed Mill, a Supplier in Zephyrhills, FL. MacRaesBlueBook.com has the most recent phone number & address for this organization ...
www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company... - Cached - Similar

Dixie Feed Mill, Molino FL 32577 -- MerchantCircle.com
MerchantCircle.com -- Dixie Feed Mill of 1280 Highway 97, Molino, FL. Phone: 850-587-3179. Dixie Feed, F-R-M, HMC, Southern States, Purina.
www.merchantcircle.com › Top › FL › Molino › 32577 - Cached - Similar
Howland Feed Mill in Live Oak, Florida. (fl.) #12090757
Howland Feed Mill in Live Oak, Animal Feeds, Florida with telephone, cell phone, fax and adress for Howland Feed Mill in Live Oak.
web.userinstinct.com/12090757-howland-feed-mill.htm - Similar

Luznar Feed & Farm Supply (Luznar Feed Mills Inc) - New Smyrna ...
Luznar Feed Mills Inc. 3650 Watermelon Lane. New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168-8774 map. Daytona Beach, FL Metro Area. Phone: (386) 428-4155 ...

Show map of 3650 Watermelon Ln, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
www.manta.com/c/mml6jd7/luznar-feed-farm-supply - Cached

Feed Mill - Ocala Breeders' Feed & Supply
... Supply had constructed its own feed mill just for equine feeds and was on its way to becoming a formidable presence in the Florida horse feed industry. ...
obfs.com/FeedMill.aspx - Cached - Similar

Branford Feed Mill, Inc. Company Profile - Located in Branford, FL ...
Incorporated by R M Bryant, Branford Feed Mill, Inc. is located at Hwy 129 N Branford, FL 32008. Branford Feed Mill, Inc. was incorporated on Thursday, ...
www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/.../branford-feed-mill-inc-3682284.aspx - Cached - Similar

Hallway Feeds
For over 40 years Hallway Feeds has been a family owned and operated business devoted to providing the highest quality products and services to the equine ...
www.hallwayfeeds.com/ - Cached - Similar​

I googled after my post & found Swann's Feed Mill in Zephyrhills, but I can't seem to find a website for them.
Found a few others that I will be checking into besides that one.

Back
Top Bottom