How does the new coop look so far?!?!

im no coop expert, but that looks pretty well! The only thing i see that could be useful near future is a dropping board, this of course isnt needed but makes clean up a bit easier! I think that it looks nice otherwise.
Thank you so much. I've been working hard on it. Haha. I made a door for a droppings board if I was to want to put one in. Its gonna be a trial and error type of deal once the hens go in the big coop. Ill make adjustments once I see how things go. Lol

I think it looks good except for the latches depending on how prevalent raccoons are in your area. Where I live my birds would be dead in a week with those latches.
My coop is elevated as well and so far (I've only had it a couple months) I love it. I didn't consider my own height with respect to the coop until the first time I did a deep clean. Fortunately I have a very sturdy ladder 😆

More room for bedding? Its a 6ft by 4ft. coop and the whole floor will be bedding....I'm not sure how there could be more room for bedding...

I think they're talking about depth.

With the door flush to the floor that way the bedding will spill out when you open it.

You can have the best of both worlds -- easy cleaning with the door flush to the floor and good depth of bedding -- by putting a board across the bottom of the opening in a way that is easy to pull out for cleaning.

I think they're talking about depth.

With the door flush to the floor that way the bedding will spill out when you open it.

You can have the best of both worlds -- easy cleaning with the door flush to the floor and good depth of bedding -- by putting a board across the bottom of the opening in a way that is easy to pull out for cleaning.
Oh! Got it. Very good tip/reminder cus i realized yesterday how the bedding just flew out of the coop when I put some in the test how slippery the floor will be, which I learned it will be EXTREMELY slippery. Any suggestions on what the put as a floor to prevent sliding and slipping?

Oh! Got it. Very good tip/reminder cus i realized yesterday how the bedding just flew out of the coop when I put some in the test how slippery the floor will be, which I learned it will be EXTREMELY slippery. Any suggestions on what the put as a floor to prevent sliding and slipping?
I use a big rubber mat

The floor in my Little Monitor Coop is bare plywood. Since I keep it absolutely dry it is in perfectly good shape.

Back
Top Bottom