How does this happen? Bald head, neck and chest..**pics**

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
This little fella was given to me at the feed store because no one wanted him. They called the hatchery and they said sometimes that happens from time to time. He/she eats normal, trucks around with the other 2, drinks, swims...acts like a normal duckling, just bald! I have been putting sun screen on his/her head and neck to keep from getting burnt!

Has anyone ever seen this??

SDC10651.jpg

SDC10652.jpg

SDC10659.jpg

EW!!! I have never seen a naked necked duck! Maybe it was supposed to be crested? Not sure if crested to crested breeding could result in that like the thing with frizzles? Poor thing, I hope it gets feathers there!
lau.gif

I'm not sure why this happens, but I suggest that you put sunscreen on him if he's out in the sun. He will burn really bad especially after a swim.

I had a duck that decided to molt almost naked before she grew in her feathers
roll.png
, the poor thing started to get sunburned. I put sunscreen on her till her feathers started growing back. It helped her alot.

Julie

i had a baby snowy mallard that had bald spots too. As her big feathers grew in, the bald spots covered and she was fine... It could just be a fluff thing... I would def put sunscreen on his poor naked parts though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom