How fast does mycoplasma gallisepticum spread to next flock?

I will update my topic. Today I called a veterinary lab about how I need to take samples and how to send them. The lady there asked what why I wanted to do an analysis. I told her my story. As I wrote, our chickens only have a bubbling eye (also small swelling in one eye) once every several months. And only one bird at a time. Especially in windy and rainy weather. All my chickens are otherwise healthy, they eat, they drink, they are active. There have been two deaths in the last 6 months. One had a clogged crop and the other had chronic diarrhea and lived to the age of 4,5 y. She was my first chicken and I already saw as a chick that he had genetic defects. The virologist told me that bubbling water in the eye doesn't have to mean any disease, any respiratory disease. It just comes from the cold. Birds would have had other symptoms a long time ago. We have most of the birds hatched here in our farm. Then there would also be chickens and pullets with symptoms of the disease. The virologist did not believe at all that there was a mycoplasma in our flock. So, thank god, there is no culling right now. I have to wait when some bird gets this bubbling eye and take a sample of that water. This will be exhausting, because it may not happen for 6 months. Why did I panic? Because the poultry lecturer told me that the bubbling water in the eye does not come from the cold, but the bird definitely has a some respiratory disease. Not everyone is worth believing. A little relief, but the analyzes finally tell the truth. Thank you for your answers!

Back
Top Bottom