How hard can it really be to take me off a mailing list?

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
A brief overview:

I do not have cable TV, but I do have my highspeed interenet through the cable company.

I have my landline through the local phone company. I believe in spreading my $$ around rather than give it all to one company.

So, in June I decided that I no longer wanted to receive correspondence from the cable company telling me of their wonderful deals on cable (I dumped my cable 5 years ago when my son started watching reality tv - I did not want my children being entertained by and becoming desensitised to other people's humiliation) and home phone service etc. If I want another service, I will call and ask about it. Let's save some trees.

I phoned and asked that I be taken off their mailing list. No problem. In July, I received another mailing from them. I called and they apologised and assured me it would not happen again. In the beginning of August I received YET another mailing. Another phone call where I was assured that someone messed up, but it's all fixed now. At the end of August, I received still more mail. This time, I ended up speaking to a supervisor who assured me that it was indeed done right and all fixed this time.

You'll never guess what came in my mail today. Still another mailing from the cable company. I am waiting for a call back from another supervisor. In the meantime, I will be checking out what fabulous highspeed internet deals my phone company has.

I am just about ready to dump the cable company completely. The only things holding me back are the fact that I am not thrilled by the phone company either and that changing the internet access means disruption in the house.

Well, I got called back by a supervisor and assured again that it is truly fixed. He gave me his direct line and told me to call him if it does happen again.

I told him I would certainly be calling him, but only to tell him to cancel my service because I will be taking my business to the competition.

We shall see.

Meanwhile,

For those of us who do not wish to receive junkmail (the stuff that isn't addressed to us by name),

In Canada

http://www.reddotcampaign.ca/

There is a sign you can print out and put on your mailbox or mailslot to stop the letter carrier from leaving junk

In the USA

http://donotmail.org/form.php?id=50

There doesn't seem to be a similar system in place in the US to stop letter carriers from leaving junk in your mailbox, but this site has a form to fill out to help get the largest direct mailers from sending to your home.

I understand your pain!!! Try gettin things from companys who when you go to order somthing tell you they can not ship to Alaska!!! Hello you just sent me a cataloge, if you cant ship things here then why send me one?
he.gif
And I love the whole "we dont ship to other countries" WHAT!
smack.gif
Thanks for the link hope your problem is fixed

Back
Top Bottom