How hard is it to find 1" welded wire???!!!!! grrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by arwmommy, May 16, 2007.

1. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    OK, our friend who is a CONTRACTOR is building me my chicken coop! He builds multi-million dollar houses and is absolutley awesome at what he does. However, he is having a heck of a time finding 1" welded wire for the coop! Is it really that hard to find? Home Depot had 1/2" flimsy wire, he said. Other building supply places he uses all the time didn't have anything at all, so now I am struggling trying to help him figure out where to get this, because I refuse to use chicken wire!!!

Help! Where did you get yours???

2. ChloesChicky

ChloesChicky Out Of The Brooder

Try The Fence factory, it seems like they should carry all sizes. I know Hayward lumber carries welded wire not sure what size. I would think any lumber company would carry it. [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Leon

Leon Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2007
    You might try Ace Hardware.

4. jag

jag Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Maine
    I am having the exact same problem. [​IMG] We want our pen to be 6' tall so we can walk around inside it to clean it etc., well....add 6' tall to the mix and forget it! It's like it's not available.

Good luck!!! I'm still looking; hope you find what you need.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  5. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    There are ALOT of different sizes at Tractor Supply. I'd give them a call. I'm 90% sure I saw some there. Not flimsy either.......

6. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    We're in MO. and the only place that had it in stock was MFA (regional farm supply place). 100 ft. roll of 6 ft. 1"x2" is about twice as much as chicken wire, but well worth it in anxiety reduction alone. You might try checking with these folks to see who their suppliers are if all else fails.

http://www.academyfence.com/index.asp

7. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Have you tried tsc. I was there tonight and found 1/2 inch and 1 inch welded wire. It was with the gardening fencing section. They also had hardware cloth which has been recommended on here as well.

8. webdawg

webdawg Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2007
    Kingman, Az

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by