How I pack my eggs for shipping

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
Dont know if this is the right section but....

So many people have asked how I ship and what is the best way. Well I dont know about the best but the way I do it works well for me and allows me to send up to 36 eggs for a flat rate of $10.20 not including my materials and time (time being a big factor but I would rather do it once right then have to replace them)

I start off with a medium flat rate box, spray glue, Priority mail tape, scissors, cardboard egg cartons, razor, marker, toilet paper and extra cardboard.

packingeggs1-1.jpg

I use a template and cut out new sides and bottom and top to box and reinforce the entire box leaving the top piece out. I glue in if necessary.. I also glue a new top on the underside of the egg carton to add strength to it as well.

packingeggs2-1.jpg

I then place each egg in a nest of Toilet paper in the carten leaving the end 4 spaces empty if I can and just filling the space with tp. I put as much as I can fit on top of eggs and then close and tape the egg carton.

packingeggs3-1.jpg

If it is 1 or 2 egg cartons I place them right side up. If more than 14 eggs I use three cartons (trying to keep eggs in middle of carton and place them on their sides.

packingeggs4-1.jpg

packingeggs5-1.jpg

I pad the bottom and top of the box with paper, put the cartons in and then put the top piece of cardboard on and tape up well.

I put Live Hatching Embryos on the box on all sides.

packingeggs6-1.jpg

ETA if I have 8 or less eggs I dont always use this method or is I am shipping close, but I always double box and reinforce no matter what way I use.

Last edited:
I have done this a lot and I dont think a single egg has ever broken in this set up, at least none that have been reported, and hatch rate is very good as well.
smile.png

Update on the package. It shipped from NY to Texas and all had good aircells acording to Angie and none were cracked or broken. took 2 days to get there. I used 3 cartons on their sides and there was over 30 eggs as you can see above in the pics.

Last edited:
Quote:
I did not even see that thread or if I had I forgot about it lol I should have just posted this there if the mods want to move thats fine with me I just put up a link to this thread though. but I could cut and paste it.

Quote:
Ooooyes, fantastic job, never seeing anything like it, none were broke or crack, just blow me away.
Eggs set in incubator doing great, I got to tell you, those blue eggs are sooo pretty, almost like if you had paint it,
smile.png

I can't wait to see the chicks hatch, Thank you A happychick, the best packing ever and the best blue eggs too. You totally rocks.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom