How It's Made show on Eggs... Watch video they made...

They say "all eggs are the same inside".

Not at all- my chick's eggs have fantastic taste, and the store bought stuff tastes like cardboard. They have almost nothing in common.

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay:
You sound like you know something we don't, what's your experience and where do you get your knowlege that is contrary to the norm? I've seen terrible pictures of battery houses and their conditions. I have never seen anything as nice and clean as the one we were shown in the video. Are you telling us the video is the norm and if so, how do you know?
Denise
Paradise Found

Last edited:
Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
That's actually a typical facililty.

my son worked (notice past tense) for one of the largest egg farms in Ontario.. he could not believe the filth and treatment. he will never eat a store bought egg again.​

Quote:
That is the problem, you've seen PICTURES. I'm sure these pictures were from a group that wanted to pose commercial egg production in the worst light possible.

I work in Animal Agriculture and have been chicken houses and livestock farms throughout the USA and the conditions shown in the PICTURES you reference are by far the exception rather than the rule.

Just to illustrate the motive behind pictures I will share the story of a recent expose` of a commercial egg facility.

This facility was the victim of a clandestine, undercover "investigation" by an Animal Rights organization. A film was released of the "dreadful conditions" in this farm's barns. Upon review of the films that the Animal Rights organization released it was found that the data was from a different facility AND was highly editted/manipulated.

So the PICTURES you have seen depicting conditions in egg facilities worked on you as you now believe what the Animal Rights organizations want you to believe, that egg farms are filthy, disease ridden barns full of feces and dead animals. Sadly that is not the truth.

Jim

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
That is the problem, you've seen PICTURES. I'm sure these pictures were from a group that wanted to pose commercial egg production in the worst light possible.

I work in Animal Agriculture and have been chicken houses and livestock farms throughout the USA and the conditions shown in the PICTURES you reference are by far the exception rather than the rule.

Just to illustrate the motive behind pictures I will share the story of a recent expose` of a commercial egg facility.

This facility was the victim of a clandestine, undercover "investigation" by an Animal Rights organization. A film was released of the "dreadful conditions" in this farm's barns. Upon review of the films that the Animal Rights organization released it was found that the data was from a different facility AND was highly editted/manipulated.

So the PICTURES you have seen depicting conditions in egg facilities worked on you as you now believe what the Animal Rights organizations want you to believe, that egg farms are filthy, disease ridden barns full of feces and dead animals. Sadly that is not the truth.

Jim

Wow! Thank you for enlightening me. Yes, you are correct that the video I had seen was from an animal protection league. But they still exist. Have those facilities been shut down? Do you know? I needed some eggs to bake a cake (all our eggs are sold per monetary nessessity) and have refused to go buy them because of what I saw. It's my birthday this weekend and I will go buy some eggs tonight to bake myself a cake.
Denise
Paradise Found​

That factory was the cleanest I've ever seen. It's T.V. land, if they hit you with the reality no-one will want those eggs. DO wash your eggs, dirty eggs go off quicker. I've joined a farm animal charity, Compassion in World Farming, 2 years ago and I haven't eaten a battery egg or a piece of chicken since. I was horrified by what CiWF showed me, thank goodness the EU countries are now banning battery cages.
By the way, guess where bird flu comes from?
Anyone wants to see the reality email me. I have a slide show I can share. NOT for chicken lovers!

I did not make the slide show myself, but I have been on two battery farms recently and what I saw was filthy conditions, badly treated hens kept in inhumane conditions which is an excellent breeding area for disease. The show includes photo's of "spent" hens, what happens to them after they get thrown out, what happens to the unfortunate male chicks born into the egg business etc. I'm starting to wonder: do you perhaps keep battery hens or have a friend that does?
Myself and CiWF are not fighting this because we are bored and have nothing to do. We've been there, seen it firsthand and are trying to help those chickens, because we find it unacceptable. Why don't you go around some of these farms and see it for yourself? Walk round the cages, look at the hens, speak to the staff working with them. Ask questions. Many of them are bad, few are O.K. Bottom line is: The sooner this battery cage nonsense stops the better.

Quote:
I've seen millions of birds in both broiler and layer farms so I've "been there done that". I've seen some operations that needed cleaning but nothing of the filth and treatment that you and others claims happens in every chicken barn.

The bottomline for me is that with the world population reaching 7 Billion people we need large scale operations to provide food for everyone.

Having 5 hens in every back yard isn't going to hack it.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom