How long after the hatch will a gosling be steady on its feet or walking

Haha, hey there!

Your baby hatched tonight, right? Goslings, especially assists, can take a little bit before they get steady legs. She's mostly going to sleep tonight, probably, and won't be much interested in food.

I'd give her 24 hours before you start worrying.

To help her develop proper gait, you want something her feet can get traction on. I find that, for the first 24 hours or so, a towel works best. Just make sure the towel doesn't have any pulls or holes in it that her legs can get hurt on. I'd also let her have paper towel after the first 24 as her flooring until she learns what foodis, if you have a loose substrate that she could accidentally ingest.

Also, I'd make sure she can walk alright before you offer her water dishes unsupervised.

Hello and thank you for the advice! She was snuggled up to the stuffed animal when I left this morning maybe when I go home today she will be running around in there today. I'll try the towel what do you think about puppy pads?

Pepsi looks up to Lola

Attachments

• 20170605_163928.jpg
    20170605_163928.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 180
Omg guys the bonding is going so great between Lola and Pepsi!!! Lola let's her snuggle with her and Pepsi still plays with stuffed animal but the almost look like twins!! Lola is teachinf her bad habits lol Lola knows if she peeps she gets attention so she's already teaching Pepsi the ropes of how things work I will be keeping them in the house together until we get a lot built and when Pepsi progresses in size which is still a long time from now which I don't mind I like seeing and checking on both my babies :love

Aaaaw, so precious! Lola's probably really happy to see somebody like herself. I'm glad she's getting along with the little one; goslings don't always do that. Very good.

Also, as long as they get good traction on them, I don't see why puppy pads wouldn't work.

Very good job on this gosling!

Back
Top Bottom