sad.png
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
So sorry your babies didnt hatch, some times its just not ment to be
hugs.gif

I just did the float test to the duck eggs, and all were gone
sad.png
but its good to know so they wont contaminate the others in there. I will give the chickens a few more days where there is 1 bantam pip and standard chickens usually hatch a day or so after the bantams. I guess we shall see!

Used a plastic baggie and cracked 3 of them. fully developed ducklings, very little yolk inside, but covered in red orange goop? no/ very little veining.

Quote:
Well I had better luck this hatch than my last
smile.png
I have some sweet little runners. Going to be very hard to sell. One I think will have gorgeous colorings. Maybe I'll keep just one
wink.png

And to the OP: Better luck next hatch right?
hugs.gif

This was my first ever hatch and 2 out of 6 survived! Im sure if I had more experience I could have had more but im blessed with 2 beautiful additions to the family so I can be thankful! Thanks everyone for your advice and help, you have been great!

I hear you, my first hatch I had 2 out of 7, and then this time around I have 8 out of 20 ( but I still have 7 eggs in there - too dark to candle). Are you going to be doing another hatch soon??

I always wait at least until day 35. All of my eggs from my first hatch hatched on day 35. I was getting really worried I wouldn't have any ducks, and suddenly they all came out one after another! They were big though. lol

Back
Top Bottom