How long before symptoms show for fowlpox???

JustBabyMargo

Hatch-aholic
Premium Feather Member
Jul 7, 2021
Oregon
Hi! I’m getting super paranoid after seeing one mosquito on my broody bantam’s face last night!😬 How long does it take for symptoms to show? She is acting perfectly normal and there aren’t any symptoms! So would she have it? Do symptoms pop up immediately or take a while? We don’t have all that many mosquitoes around here and they have to suck the blood of a chicken who has it in their bloodstream? There also aren’t many chickens around here so I’m not sure what the chance of those chickens having it would be? Thanks in advance for any help!😊

Is there any chickens with fowl pox in your area? Like, very close by, like on your farm or something? I've had mosquitoes bite my chickens plenty of times, and thankfully, so far, no signs of fowl pox. :thumbsup

Is there any chickens with fowl pox in your area? Like, very close by, like on your farm or something? I've had mosquitoes bite my chickens plenty of times, and thankfully, so far, no signs of fowl pox. :thumbsup
No we have never had any problems with fowl pox before and there are only a couple of people with chickens around this area that I know of!😉 But we live in the country so everyone is farther away!😉

Back
Top Bottom