1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How Long can eggs be in feridge until there no good to hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 22, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Thats my question I have some in there that are about 2 weeks old. Are they good to hatch?

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well that's over 14 days... They are always fertile, but their viability goes downhill quickly after 10 days.

3. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    I once found a broody hen hiding under some bushes in the midle of a small shopping center Garden. she had 15 babys about 1 or 2 days old

I grabbed them and took them home

im pretty sure all this eggs were her own eggs

so that means 14 to 15 days they still good

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Ok thanks. I think ill just make a trade with my uncle hes got fertile eggs [​IMG]

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

After 14 days is when hatch-ability falls off fast with unrefrigerated eggs. But eggs in the fridge are different. They take a big hit for being in the fridge(30%) but drop off much slower after that. Fridge eggs can be hatched at well over a month. Dont expect a high hatch rate but they do hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by