How long can it takes from the first piping to the last hatching ?

Thanks for your answer. I'm just getting worried because de first two eggs pip on tuesday morning and hatch yesterday. The two remainings eggs does not show any signs of external piping yet (and they do not move...).
Have you candled them yet? At this point i would candle and look for movement and internal pips.
hqdefault.jpg
CandlingImage18.jpg

Hi,

I did candle them yesterday, we did not see any internal piping. I just candle them again and there is no sign of internal piping nor any movement (pics below):

IMG_20200502_150933.jpg
IMG_20200502_150902.jpg

I think that next step is opening the eggs and have a look. Hopefully, I still have two healthy chicks to take care of.

Hi,

I did candle them yesterday, we did not see any internal piping. I just candle them again and there is no sign of internal piping nor any movement (pics below):

View attachment 2118742View attachment 2118743

I think that next step is opening the eggs and have a look. Hopefully, I still have two healthy chicks to take care of.
Yes, I think it's time to open them and see what the deal is. Open only in the air cell, and only open until you know if they're alive or dead.

Done. Both were dead, unfortunately :'(.

For the big egg, the chick seems fully developped but did not make it. For the small egg, it's kind of weird. Looks like the egg membrane was dried on him.

Can you tell me the likely dead causes? The pics are hereunder:

IMG_20200502_153042.jpg
IMG_20200502_153420.jpg
IMG_20200502_153650.jpg
IMG_20200502_153658.jpg

That far along it could be the float test? Maybe dropped their temp too long? That's the thing about the humidity it carries the heat, but it carries it away too. So the 20 minutes to an hour they could make it out of the incubator could be basically nothing if they are wet. Sometimes they just don't go for whatever reason. I'm no expert, about 15 runs. Typically I do about 50 at a time, it seems like there is always at least one that looks completely viable, it just didn't make it. Sometimes quite a few more. If there isn't one dud left under a hen hatching it's lucky. Hopefully you'll have better luck next time.

Thanks for your advice. I think that they were already dead when I did the float test because I did candle them before and did not see any movement or internal piping. I'll manage to get a precise temp and humidity sensor for the next batch.

Back
Top Bottom