How Long Can pheasant stay In incubator?

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
Hi i hatched my first pheasant almost 24 hours ago and the last one hatched about 8 hour ago but their heat plate hasn’t arrived yet so how long can they stay in there?😊

Can the pheasants sleep in the incubator?

Usually, most people take them out of the incubator once they have dried off/fluffed up. Personally, I don't let mine stay in the bator over 8 hours....usually 2 to 4 hours.

They need to have food and water available to them when they are removed from the bator to the brooder, they are not like chickens that can survive on their absorbed yolk sac for up to 3 days.
24 hours is 'pushing the limit' of time for them to stay in the incubator.

In a pinch, you can use an ordinary incandescent light bulb, of 60 to 100w. Do not use an LED light, as it doesn't put out the necessary heat/watts that an incandescent light is capable of producing.
Z(2).jpg
2Q==.jpg

Usually, most people take them out of the incubator once they have dried off/fluffed up. Personally, I don't let mine stay in the bator over 8 hours....usually 2 to 4 hours.

They need to have food and water available to them when they are removed from the bator to the brooder, they are not like chickens that can survive on their absorbed yolk sac for up to 3 days.
24 hours is 'pushing the limit' of time for them to stay in the incubator.

In a pinch, you can use an ordinary incandescent light bulb, of 60 to 100w. Do not use an LED light, as it doesn't put out the necessary heat/watts that an incandescent light is capable of producing.
View attachment 3097656View attachment 3097653
They are out of the incubator now and have borrowed the chicks heating plate I found one dead in the incubator so I decided to take them out

Back
Top Bottom