How long can you leave chicks in the incubator?

Jrasche

Chirping
Oct 9, 2018
I tried to do a search, but I didnt really know what jargon to use, so I didnt find anything. How long do you leave your chicks in the incubator once they have hatched? I started taking them out once they were dry, but it crashed my humidity and I had others getting dry and glued to their shells. I would like to leave them alone until they are all done, but I have had hatches last 3 days. Would that be too long without any food?

I would not leave food in an Incubator because of the high humidity would likely just create Mold and introduce bacteria that could endanger the embryos/Hatchlings... Not that I have ever tried it. Maybe someone with a lot of experience would shoot down my theory on that.

I would not leave food in an Incubator because of the high humidity would likely just create Mold and introduce bacteria that could endanger the embryos/Hatchlings... Not that I have ever tried it. Maybe someone with a lot of experience would shoot down my theory on that.
X2, never thought of that! Thanks for sharing some of your knowledge.

Like others said take them out. You can also put warm water in a spray bottle and spritz it in the incubator to help it from loosing the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom