How long do ducks lay

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
We are getting Golden 300 Hybrid Layer Ducks and they should lay 250-300 eggs a year each of them. We are getting 2-4 don't quite know, but they all will be females. My question is how long will they lay/how many years? I know they can live to 20 but I know chickens slow down their egg production around 2-4 or something like that. So how many years do they lay before I will have to get knew ones?
jumpy.gif

Thanks, Crazy4Fowl

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us. I have chickens and don't know much about ducks. Hope you'll get an answer, but wanted to welcome you.

If you don't find the answer, you can try posting under duck form.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Sorry, I don't know much about ducks. Definitely post in the Ducks sections for some good answers.

Good luck with your future ducks!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Definitely post on our duck link that TwoCrows left you with and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting loads of duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom