How long does it take for the chick to hatch, from the first pip?

Egg shells came off the ones that hatched yesterday and the little fluff balls were running around the bator at 10AM. So now all of those are put in the brooder except one I left in there that was very tiny. Now two more have hatched out great and the one left in there is running around the bator. So I have three more fluff balls running around the bator. I'm waiting on more......
smile.png

It is day 21 and I am hearing some peeps from the eggs.. no pipping yet.. I am so anxious.
pop.gif
How do you stand the anticipation. I don't have anything to measure the humidity but filled all the wells with water and eggs were on damp paper towels at lockdown.. do you think all will be okay or do I need to sneak some wet paper towels in.. I have been warned NOT TO OPEN the incubator... nail biting here!!
barnie.gif
I will be so upset if nothing hatches now that I have heard signs of life!

Shelly

Chicken Hatching is nail biting . So far I have hatched 35 out of 40 eggs, all are well. I candled the others and I'll be darn, they are still alive and kicking in there, so I don't know why they are so lazy, but COME ON ALREADY!
he.gif

I'm hatching my first babies!! It's day 21 today and the first two are now breathing air!! Sadly my grandfather came over and took my brother and I to another state and it's killing me to not be there!
hit.gif

My first set of chicks to hatch caught me by surprise and they were out of the egg before I knew it! I have a hen who has been setting on four eggs and I saw the first pip this morning! I hustled to action!!! I have moved the eggs into a safe place with a heating lamp (she had already killed one egg a few days ago). Now, like you I have my lawn chair and camera in hand. I'm glad to know a time frame and hate to miss the hatchings again!
My other chick family is doing great and they had a wonderful mama. In fact, they are due to move to the "adult coop". Just in time for the new little ones!!

Back
Top Bottom