How long does it take to see the effects of DE?

A local feed store had it as well as a hardware store. The feed store sold it in 50# bags and the hardware store 5#. Have you tried places that sell horse supplies?

I sprinkle tons of de
And still have flies

I think iam going to hang more vanilla car smelly things too
And saw some auto sprayer ..might add those to my coops too

The flies are awful
Xoox

Thanks, will look into it there
smile.png

Quote:
What does the vanilla car smelly things do? Just curious...

I got my DE at the C0-op and bought food grade since I am feeding it to dogs and cats and chickens and horses and......

I have found that if I set up a good fan that blows horizontally across the coop it is harder for the flies to cope with the stiff breeze and they leave. It's also cooler on my silkies with temps in the 90's now. I also cover any used shavings that I put in trash cans until I can carry them to the garden to use as mulch. Flies love poop and I try to keep that away from them as much as possible.

I also get the DE from Permaguard and while it helps it doesn't totally work. The vanilla car freshners really help.......sounds crazy but it's true and they smell great. Spraying ACV in the coop also helps. The best thing to try is a little more expensive but really worth it, is Fly Predators. They are sold by Spalding Labs. You go to their website and there's a calculator on how many to buy according to how many animals you have. They are a tiny bug that you sprinkle around your coop and they eat fly larvae.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom