How long have you left chicks in incubator?

What's the longest you've left chicks in the incubator?

• until fluffed out

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 3+ hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6+ hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12+ hours

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 24+ hours

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • 36+ hours

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 48+ hours

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I have a Brinsea mini also, not the advance, but bought the low model for 29.00 at TSC on clearance. Added a manual turner, and had a decent hatch. Only used it once, but I never thought about the dome holding humidity. Thanks for that thought. I actually bought 3 of those minis at that price and haven't use the other 2. I may use them to hatch out sets of 21 on that info. Thanks
Hot air rises, so if you work with it it’s actually a pretty ingenious design that has its benefits. Hope you have good luck with Brinsea in future hatches!

Here’s a brand new one from last night - he wasn’t in the incubator for very long and is a happy fluffy chick thriving with his siblings now 💕

276107CE-8BE6-4405-9D40-4CE80EFC4D33.jpeg

I take them out a few minutes after they hatch. I don't want the chicks running around and bumping into the other eggs. The longest I left a chick in was overnight, but only because there were no other eggs left in the incubator.

I take them out a few minutes after they hatch. I don't want the chicks running around and bumping into the other eggs. The longest I left a chick in was overnight, but only because there were no other eggs left in the incubator.

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one that does this. I’ve never had problems.

Back
Top Bottom