How Long In Incubator Once Hatched

Candace Longan

Chirping
Jan 26, 2018
SE Kansas
Subject pretty well states my question.

Once hatched how long before you HAVE to take them out and put into the brooder?

I've read to wait until they ALL hatch. We have 20+ candled and set to hatch Sunday. Turns out we may actually not actually get to be here but will have someone checking in on them,,, as well as the rest of our animals a few times a day. Through the night it may be 11-12 hours between night checks and morning rounds. SHould I have the help wait until we're sure what's going to hatch has hatched? or say like there are 10 hatched and dry on the last check of the night on Sunday and move those or just leave them in the bator until Monday morning?

Subject pretty well states my question.

Once hatched how long before you HAVE to take them out and put into the brooder?

I've read to wait until they ALL hatch. We have 20+ candled and set to hatch Sunday. Turns out we may actually not actually get to be here but will have someone checking in on them,,, as well as the rest of our animals a few times a day. Through the night it may be 11-12 hours between night checks and morning rounds. SHould I have the help wait until we're sure what's going to hatch has hatched? or say like there are 10 hatched and dry on the last check of the night on Sunday and move those or just leave them in the bator until Monday morning?
I always remove chicks right as they're dry, but I'm always there and very attentive to them. I would have your helper remove any dried chicks at each check. Have them mist the eggs with warm water right before they close the incubator. Then none will get shrink wrapped.

I have had some early hatchers who were in the Incubator for 48 hours after hatching so the later hatchers could finish up. I would not recommend waiting that long unless you have to but from my experience I had no problems with 2 full days after the first one hatched.

Back
Top Bottom