How long should I leave the unhatched eggs in the incubator

beverlyl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Morristown Arizona
I was so excited on Sunday morning to have 7 chickies
wee.gif
They were all doing so well when we got home from church, then my husband went to check on them and screamed they are all dead.(the temp had got turned up somehow)
hit.gif
I went to see and 3 were still breathing. Well after all the excitement I was able to save 1 and then had 2 hatch Sun night, of which only 1 lived, so my question is how long should I leave the eggs in to see if they will hatch? One is pipping now. I had my temp at 99.5 in a still air LG. (I have since read it should have been higher, if was my first try at incubating.
barnie.gif

If they all were set at the same time, then they all should have hatched by now.
You can sneak one out and candle it quickly and look for signs of life or even infertile eggs.
The temp is not what anyone tells you or even what you read but what the manufacturer of the incubator says!!!!
Only set temp at what is supposed to be correct for that particular incubator.
Good Luck,
how did the temp get changed?????
someone must have turned it, remember if some of the chicks hatched with no problem then the temp WAS CORRECT for hatching in that incubator.
Also if you opened the incubator and removed dead or dying chicks....you probably messed up things for the others to hatch. Lots to go wrong.....
Hope you have a much better time of it next time.

Back
Top Bottom