How long til new layers get consistent?

crazychics4me

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
Hi everyone I am new here. Got our 1st chickens this past spring we have 10 RIR and 3 White Leghorns. The WL's just started to lay about a week ago. We generally get one egg a day, although for 1 or 2 of those days we got 2 eggs. Just was wondering how long it will take before the WL's are consistently laying and the RIR's will start laying. All of the birds are the same age. Thanks so much!!
smile.png

my girls started laying about 2 weeks ago, its hit or miss for a week or 2, now I am getting around 9 eggs a day...I still have a couple that aren't laying consistently. Remember, not all hens will lay every day...I have one I KNOW is, its my only white egg, my California White hen...every day one little white egg. Size will also adjust as they get it all worked out too.

Wow you are starting out with quite a few birds too! You have a much better variety than I do though lol. Thanks so much for the reply. 9 eggs a day is a pretty good haul
smile.png

Jenn
My crazychics are 10 RIR, 3 WL's, 4 guineas & 2 buff orpington babies

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana!!

You didn't mention their ages. 20 weeks is usually when you can start looking for them to lay. It's not a given though. Some take longer to mature!!

Well they are all about the same age. Not sure exactly how old but we got them around Easter time which was late April I believe.

Back
Top Bottom