How long to let eggs settle and how do i set up a hova bator ?

EasterEggersRULE

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 13, 2010
South Texas
I was just given a hova bator thats been beat up but in decent shape and eight fertile EE and buff oprington eggs. They where driven here from houston thats 4 hours of bumpy road. How long do the eggs need to settle and how do i set up the bator where do i put water ?? I do have a themometor and a hydrometor. The hova bator does not have a wire floor but i will make one. I know i need the incubator to set for a while but the eggs are five days old and the sooner they get in the bator the better.

I'm not sure which Hovabator you have. You might find the manual for yours down on the right hand side of this link.

http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_listOneCategory.asp?idCategory=2

With my 1588, I fill only the center tray for incubation and usually get somewhere between 40% and 50% humidity. During lockdown, I fill other trays until I get in the 65% to 70% range.

At 5 days old, those eggs should be fine for another couple of days. As long as you do not store them in "extreme" conditions, hatchability should not drop until 7 days at least, and if you store them in good conditions, they are good for about 2 weeks total. In your case, I'd go with the 24 hours and set them.

Back
Top Bottom