How Long UNtil...

dylanj911

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 9, 2013
How long until i can hold the baby chick and how long until i move her from the incubator to under the heat lamp

Most of the chicks I have bought were 1 day old and they went straight into the brooder with a lamp. I usually hold them for a minute or two at a time from the day I get them. I don't hold them much because I'm afraid they'll get cold. Others may do it different but none of my chicks have ever been harmed by it. Its so hard to resist those cute little fuzzy chicks!
love.gif

How long until i can hold the baby chick and how long until i move her from the incubator to under the heat lamp

Chicks can survive for upto three days after hatching without food and water so they will be fine to stay in the incubator untill hatch is complete. That way you don't open the incubator and mess with the humidity. I wouldn't hold the chicks untill they are settled in the brooder. Just make sure they can't fall they can be quick and catch you unawares. I find holding them over the brooder box best then if they do jump they land in the box :frow

Back
Top Bottom