How long will ducklings follow you for ??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Blob Chicken, May 10, 2011.

1. Blob Chicken

Blob Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    Need to know. Once answers are given duckling pictures shall be posted [​IMG]

2. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I think it depends on the duckling/duck and how you raise them. I've got 13 ducks of my own and they range in age from 7 weeks to 4 yrs old and all of them still follow me if they see me walking around outside.

Michelle

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    There was an extremely old muscovy drake at our lake that used to follow me around until the day he died. It all depends on how much they like their treats, I guess.

Edited due to oops, typo!

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. T Hi

T Hi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    I didn't know that they were supposed to stop following me around!!! [​IMG]

Maybe that is why I have 12 ducklings in my house ranging from 24 hours to 15 weeks old!! [​IMG] Oh and 5 that are a year old that follow me everywhere outside too!!

I love my ducks!!!!
    My ducks love peas!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    My ducklings didn't stop following me until they were at adult sized - they still follow me when I'm outside though [​IMG]

6. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    Had a wild mallard (that i hatched under some pigeons)follow me around well into adulthood.He would fly right next to me while i was riding a moped.Then one day a couple wild females stopped by to visit and he took off with them,haven't seen him since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by