how long will they stay fresh?

Eggs can be unrefrigerated if you prefer. They won't last as long as refrigerated ones though. I was recently told at a seminar that an unrefrigerated egg will be usable for 6 days or so and a refrigerated one 6 weeks.

Here is a quick way to check to see if your eggs are fresh enough to eat.

Eggs can be unrefrigerated if you prefer. They won't last as long as refrigerated ones though. I was recently told at a seminar that an unrefrigerated egg will be usable for 6 days or so and a refrigerated one 6 weeks.

Here is a quick way to check to see if your eggs are fresh enough to eat.

thats the same test i would do when i would find some eggs in the corner of the coop and not sure how old it was.. never a bad egg

According to an article I read in Mother Earth news, eggs can be kept fresh and edible in the frig for up to 6 months. After that they said the eggs began to taste off.

I personally have never kept any that long. I leave my freshly gathered eggs out on the counter for 24 hours then put them in the frig. I have an extra frig in the garage for keeping eggs and other things I don't have room for in the house. That 24 hour sit on the counter helps them to peel more easily when they are boiled. I have 4 grown kids with families of their own and once a month they will come by the house and load up on enough eggs to last them the month.

So I know from personal experience that the eggs stay fresh in the frig with no visible signs of deterioration for at least 2 months.

According to an article I read in Mother Earth news, eggs can be kept fresh and edible in the frig for up to 6 months. After that they said the eggs began to taste off.

I personally have never kept any that long. I leave my freshly gathered eggs out on the counter for 24 hours then put them in the frig. I have an extra frig in the garage for keeping eggs and other things I don't have room for in the house. That 24 hour sit on the counter helps them to peel more easily when they are boiled. I have 4 grown kids with families of their own and once a month they will come by the house and load up on enough eggs to last them the month.

So I know from personal experience that the eggs stay fresh in the frig with no visible signs of deterioration for at least 2 months.

my mother inlaw told me she keeps eggs in here cupboards for 6 months she buys them from the store then rubs peanut oil on them.. why, i dont know she lives right across the street from the store...and i haven't tryed it...lol
hu.gif

my mother inlaw told me she keeps eggs in here cupboards for 6 months she buys them from the store then rubs peanut oil on them.. why, i dont know she lives right across the street from the store...and i haven't tryed it...lol
hu.gif

I've heard of people doing that, it's supposed to work well for preserving eggs but unless there was some great need...like surviving in an emergency situation I don't know why you would want to do that.

hu.gif

I've heard of that method of long term storage on "prepper pages" My grandma used it on the homestead back in the 50's.

Back
Top Bottom